Friday, April 20, 2012

I Got My Bike Blessed and Then This Happened

What can I say about today except that it was close to perfect.  The weather was cool enough that I wanted some layers but not so cool that I was uncomfortable.  We checked the radar this morning and saw that bad weather was coming in from the North so we swapped our routes and rode tomorrow's ride today.  We went South so we missed the storms.  We had a little rain this morning first thing but then it was done.  I got to play with half a dozen water crossings today and the rig did fantastic.  I also got to bounce through rocks and the rig again did fantastic.  My shoulders are killing me right now but the rig did great.  I concentrated on maintaining  speed today and I'm very pleased with myself.  I ran a fairly steady speed of between 25-35 miles an hour over just about all the terrain I encountered.  We didn't see any deer and no animals tried to kill themselves in front of my bike.  My bike did not break down and the sun was not glaring down on my helmet.

Yep, this was a perfect day.

For me at least.  Two friends of ours did not check the radar so they went north.  And got rain.  And hail.  And cold.  One of their bikes did break down and while she managed to limp it into to parking lot, she couldn't get it started again.  Two wonderful guys from the CMA (Christian Motorcycle Association) came over and performed parking lot surgery.  Apparently the main jet on her carb fell out.  I have never seen a parking lot of grown men turn so pale so fast and then look at the bike and yell "are you kidding me?"  Nope, jet fell out.  I was never screwed in apparently.  After that was fixed, the bike started just fine.  Go fig

Mr Man got plenty of video today so I'm sure than when he has it processed, I'll be posting the You Tube link.  Now for some rest so I can do it again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment