Sunday, September 4, 2011

Sometimes, Nothing Profound Happens (and thats ok too)

Today was spent riding around Paris taking pictures and relaxing.  Mr Man actually spent all our riding time in my tub being my Monkey.  It was a little unnerving for me.  The big is still fairly new to me and I'm still struggling with smooth gear changes.  Especially my ridiculously tall first gear.  We also need to work on communication.  Mr. Man will be my navigator when we ride off road.  Our dual sport helmets have a communication system but our regular helmets do not.  We should get some soon.  He was trying to tell me to veer right but all I saw was his hand pointing up.  So I'm looking up wondering, "why should I care what's above me" while we completely miss the turn.  We laughed a lot about it today because it really didn't matter.  Today we just wanted to ride together in the rig.  We did shoot pictures of the Eiffel Tower here and the Jesus in Cowboy boots Tombstone.  The Cemetery that the Jesus is in is well worth the visit if you are a cemetery fan like I am.  I would like to come back with more time and more camera equipment and spend some quality time here.

Here is the Paris Eiffel Tower with it's fantastic Cowboy Hat.  And yes, that is Nightingale in front of it.



This is the Jesus in Cowboy boots.  It's pretty subtle but he is, in fact wearing Cowboy boots. 

The rest of our evening is going to involve a long bath and packing our gear back up.  We hit the road again tomorrow heading for Poteau, OK.  Once there we are going to ride around in the Ouachita National Forest.  From there, who knows where.



No comments:

Post a Comment