Sunday, May 30, 2010

Route 66 Day Three

Correction to my previous post: The rider formerly known as Speedy will hereafter be referred to as Zippo.

Anyway, I'm in Joplin, MO getting ready for our first day on Route 66. This is actually my second trip down the Mother Road but my first one on a Motorcycle. I'm beyond excited. After some logistic rearranging, I've made the decision to take the lead position on almost all our days. I began by rotating lead however, a few days on the road has shown me that Mr. Man is right and the consistency of one person who is visibly in charge is important to a group. So...yikes, now I have to familarize myself with much more of the route than I had intended. Therefore, this is a short post. I'll close with a few things I learned today. Trucks that pull out in front of me very slowly and then continue to drive slowly should go stand in a corner until I pass them. Also, Missouri highways are still awful and they get me lost. OK, routing time. The next blog will be from Route 66!

1 comment: